Sunday, July 24, 2011

A night on the town... interrupted.


I stepped out into the night, looked up and saw that the night sky was clear, the moon bathing the city in its glow. But quickly I reminded myself that I didn't have time to stop, I was already late. As I sped to my destination I took a few shortcuts, although it was late no-one would dare touch me, or so I thought.

As I walk through one especially dark alley I saw a figure suddenly move forward to stand before me. The street light above him flickered, barely giving any shape to the figure before me... I'd have to fix that later.

I looked at him and said, "Do you know who I am?" in the most powerful voice I could manage.

As he moved slowly closer I began to see his face, his mouth drooling, a look on his face saying he probably didn't know much of anything. Then suddenly I noticed the knife in his hand. I reached behind me and a bit of panic came over me as I realized that I was unarmed. "Why would I need it anyway?” I thought to myself before leaving home, a statement I now regretted.

But just before I could plan my escape I saw something, another figure coming towards us, walking slowly, casually, as if nothing were amiss. His long hair blew in the evening wind, not distracting however, from the sword he carried. He wielded a sword longer than he was, but held it effortlessly as if it were nothing more than a piece of paper.

As he reached closer to where I stood my attacker changed targets. He lunged forward with his knife but obviously no match for my rescuer. The robber received quite a nasty slash to the face as he was simply brushed away.

My rescuer now stood before me. He turned around and with a smile on his face said, "You're late, my Queen."

I blushed. He knew he need not address me as such. The attacker, unfazed, charged forward again.

My rescuer turned around and, now tired of this battle, raised his sword and delivered a blow so powerfully the attacker flew backwards leaving a dent in a trash bin on the other end of the alley.

He turned again, a calming smile on his face with not even a bead of sweat.

“Why do you have your sword?” I asked.

“You never know when you might need it” he replied with a wide grin on his face.

I smiled, just happy that he showed up. Even through my sturdy composure, he could tell that I was shaking a bit. He reached out and cupped my cheek with his palm and ran his fingers through my long blond hair.

“Are you ok?” He asked.

I buried my face in his big, strong chest and said, “I’m always ok when I’m with you, my King”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting