Monday, August 1, 2011

Love and Hate


So again I find myself loving something, and hating something.
What I love - Where life is leading me.
What I hate - the 'stereotypical' black person.
Oddly enough they both coincided a few days ago.
So, a few days ago I was invited to a car launch by a coworker. I'm not exactly in a position to buy a brand new car yet, but I figured I'd go and take a look, no harm in seeing what's on the market. So we get there, free food, free drinks and some really nice cars. Right about then I'm thinking to myself, this is where I always wanted to be and, fingers crossed, things will keep going up.
As I stand there in the middle of the parking lot, drink in hand and a silly grin on my face, 2 gentlemen standing next to me are talking and I hear one say "that car looks great, the only thing I'd change is the rims. Put some sport rims on it".
Now really, wtf?! Is that all you people think about? Putting rims and spoilers and other crap on cars completely ruining them? Is this where society has lead us?
This reminds me of a time; I was traveling in a taxi and the driver was talking to the other passenger in the car, and you knew they were from the "hood" because they were talking about who had the biggest gold chain in the community as if it were a marking of high standing in the community. The passenger even boasted that her son's gold chain was bigger than another persons (from the conversation I gather she was referring to a gang member). She seemed so proud. While everyone is out getting an education "they" sit their content with gold chains then later complain of being treated unfairly by society. Now, I know this doesn't represent black people, don't get me wrong, but this is the community I grew up in, and I think I turned out ok, but it pisses me off to hear people talk like that.
*some text to end this post with*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting